[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_single_image image=”2030″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_custom_heading text=”Cauliflower Breadsticks W/ Garlic Butter & Hemp Seeds” font_container=”tag:h2|font_size:46|text_align:left” use_theme_fonts=”yes”][vc_column_text]
|Prep/Cook||15 min / 25 min|
|Total time||40 min|
|Recipe type||Paleo & Gluten-Free|
|Cuisine||Snack or Side|
- 1 head cauliflower (riced using a grater or food processor)
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- 2 large egg
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp butter (salted, or add additional salt if using unsalted)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Place the riced cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 10 minutes (or steam on the stove), until softened. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 215C. Line a tray with baking paper.
- While the cauliflower is cooling, combine the butter, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl. Heat in the microwave or on the stove, until melted. Stir to combine.
- When the cauliflower is cool enough to handle, transfer it to a tea towel and squeeze tightly several times to drain as much water as possible. You should get close to a cup of moisture out.
- Combine the (drained) riced cauliflower, hemp seeds, eggs, sea salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Transfer the “dough” onto the lined tray. Press into a rectangle (Mine turned out to be 12″ x 8″, but the size will vary depending on the size of your cauliflower head – the thickness is the important part.) Gently brush the top with the garlic butter mixture.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until golden.
- Cool slightly then cut into breadstick shaped rectangles.