Prep: 5min Total: 5 hours Original Author | exsloth Recipe type: Vegan Cuisine: Breakfast Serves: 1 Ingredients 1 banana, fresh or frozen
Healthy Gluten-Free Power Muffins
|Prep/Set||10 min/30 min|
|Total time||40 min|
|Recipe type||Vegan & Dairy, Guten Free|
- 1 ¼ cups buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cups mashed banana (2 to 3 bananas)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (or your favourite baking oil)
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup hemp seeds
- ⅓ cup chopped dairy-free dark chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate chips, cacao nibs, or a combination
- Preheat your oven to 190ºC and grease or line 9 muffin cups (unless you are using silicone muffin cups; they work best ungreased).
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the buckwheat, tapioca, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, blend the banana, oil, honey or maple syrup, and vanilla until relatively smooth with just some small banana lumps remaining.
- Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Stir in the hemp seeds and chocolate.
- Divide the batter between the 9 muffin cups, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until slightly browned on top and a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool or eat straight away