Organic Hemp Seed Oil is loaded with essential nutrients that promote health and wellness within the body, try it today to find out what all the hype is about!
Healthy Gluten-Free Power Muffins
|Prep/Set||10 min/30 min|
|Total time||40 min|
|Recipe type||Vegan & Dairy, Guten Free|
- 1 ¼ cups buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cups mashed banana (2 to 3 bananas)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (or your favourite baking oil)
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup hemp seeds
- ⅓ cup chopped dairy-free dark chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate chips, cacao nibs, or a combination
- Preheat your oven to 190ºC and grease or line 9 muffin cups (unless you are using silicone muffin cups; they work best ungreased).
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the buckwheat, tapioca, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, blend the banana, oil, honey or maple syrup, and vanilla until relatively smooth with just some small banana lumps remaining.
- Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Stir in the hemp seeds and chocolate.
- Divide the batter between the 9 muffin cups, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until slightly browned on top and a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool or eat straight away