Prep: 5min Total: 5 hours Original Author | exsloth Recipe type: Vegan Cuisine: Breakfast Serves: 1 Ingredients 1 banana, fresh or frozen
Prep: 15 min Cook: 15 min Total: 30 min
Original Author | gimmesomeoven
Recipe type: Dairy Free
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup ground almonds or almond meal
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 600g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- cooking spray
- Heat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together hemp seeds, ground almonds, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne until evenly combined.
- Set up your dipping stations in this order: (1) chicken strips (2) whisked eggs (3) hemp breading (4) baking tray. Dip each chicken strip in the eggs until they are completely covered, then give them a little shake to let any extra egg drip off. Add the chicken strip to the hemp mixture, and gently toss until the chicken strip is completely covered. Remove and transfer the chicken strip to the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Give the chicken strips a good shot of cooking spray so that they are all lightly covered. Then bake for about 15-20 minutes, turning once halfway through, until the chicken is cooked and no longer pink inside and the breading is golden.
- Remove and serve warm with your desired dipping sauce.