Hemp Falafel with Sunflower Seed Dip
|Prep/Cook||5 min/25 min|
|Total time||30 min|
|Original author||Contentedness Cooking|
|Recipe type||Vegan, Guten Free|
|Cuisine||Lunch or Dinner|
- 3 tbsp sunflower seed butter
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
- water to thin
- 800g caned chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp hemp protein powder (optional)
- 4-5 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt, pepper to taste
- fresh herbs
- Mix all ingredients well together. If the dressing is too thick, use some water to thin.
- Preheat oven at 200ºC.
- Transfer the chickpeas to a blender and pulse briefly. Then add all other ingredients except for the hemp seeds and process until you have a smooth paste.
- Prepare a baking tray with baking paper. From the falafel dough, form about 15 balls. Roll them in the hemp seeds to cover, then transfer to the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Turn occasionally so that the brown evenly.