Hemp Seed Crusted Cajun Fish
|Prep/Cook||15 min / 25 min|
|Total time||40 min|
|Cuisine||Dinner or Lunch|
|Serves||4 – 6|
- 4-6 pieces of your fish of your choice
- ¼ cup coconut flour (or preferred flour)
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp Cajun spice mix
Make your own; salt, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, thyme, turmeric, and chilli flakes.
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Use a paper towel to dry fish. Assemble dipping stations: one plate for coconut flour, one bowl with beaten egg, one plate with the hemp seeds and Cajun spices combined.
- Dip the fish in the flour and tap off the excess. Next, dip the fish into the egg wash and then the hemp and spice mixture.
- Place on a baking paper lined tray and bake 20 minutes.
- Switch over from bake to grill and grill for 3-5 minutes to create a crusty coating.
- Serve with homemade fries, salad or cauliflower rice.