Prep: 5min Total: 5 hours Original Author | exsloth Recipe type: Vegan Cuisine: Breakfast Serves: 1 Ingredients 1 banana, fresh or frozen
Raw Apricot Energy Bars
|Prep/Chill||15 min / 1 hour|
|Total time||1 hour 15 min|
|Recipe type||Vegan & Dairy Free|
- 1 cup [150g] apricot, finely chopped
- 1 cup [150g] dates, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 cup [140g] raw cashew nuts
- 1 cup [140g] raw pistachio
- ½ cup [60g] raw almond (skinless)
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 ¼ cup [100g] unsweetened shredded coconuts
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 – 2 tbsp cold water
- Combine cashew, pistachio, almond, and hemp seeds in a food processor and process until the nuts and seeds are finely ground.
- Then add chopped apricot, dates, and a pinch of sea salt, pulse and process all the ingredients together until the texture is coarse.
- Then add the shredded coconut, a quick pulse, and add the vanilla extract, a little water at a time until it reaches a dry but moist dough consistency.
- Scrape the dough mixture into the lined dish, press evenly with a rubber spatula, and chill for about an hour before serving.