Organic Hemp Seed Oil is loaded with essential nutrients that promote health and wellness within the body, try it today to find out what all the hype is about!
For such a tiny seed, this one packs a punch! Hemp Seeds have a perfectly natural blend of easily digested proteins, essential fats (Omega 3, 6 & 9), Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) and much much more!
Raw Chocolate Hemp Seed Brownies
|Total time||20 min|
|Recipe type||Vegan, Gluten & Dairy Free|
- 1¾ cup [200g] dates (pitted)
- ⅓ cup [50g] hemp seeds
- ½ cup [50g] sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup [100g] cashew nuts
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tbsp maple syrup or water (optional)
- 3 tbsp raw coconut oil
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Break down the sunflower seeds in a food processor until you get a rough ‘meal’.
- Add the cashews and hemp seeds. Grind until you get a rustic meal. Doesn’t have to be super fine like flour but needs to be well ground (a few rustic chunks are fine).
- Add the dates and vanilla and blend until everything comes together.
- The mixture may stick together (this is going to depend on how moist your dates are, which varies from batch to batch and is impossible to say until you use them).
- You need the mixture to stick together nicely when you press between your fingers. If it doesn’t do that, then you will need to add extra moisture. Add extra moisture by either using maple syrup or water. You might only need a TINY amount, so be very careful if adding it at this stage. Try a tablespoon first then blend again. Press between your fingers again to test and then add another little dash if required.
- When you have the right consistency, press all the mixture down very firmly into a lined container
- Pop into the fridge or freezer whilst you prepare your topping.
- Melt the coconut oil (if not already melted).
- Add the cacao, maple syrup and coconut sugar and mix together thoroughly.
- Pour on top of the brownie and then pop in the fridge or freezer to set (which shouldn’t take long at all).
- When the topping has set, take out and slice up.
These keep in the fridge for a week or the freezer for a couple of months.