Organic Hemp Seed Oil is loaded with essential nutrients that promote health and wellness within the body, try it today to find out what all the hype is about!
For such a tiny seed, this one packs a punch! Hemp Seeds have a perfectly natural blend of easily digested proteins, essential fats (Omega 3, 6 & 9), Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) and much much more!
Tahini Kale Protein Bowl
|Prep/Cook||5 min / 15 min|
|Total time||20 min|
|Recipe type||Vegan, Gluten & Grain Free|
|Cuisine||Lunch or Side|
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tbsp coconut oil/extra virgin olive oil
- ½ a red onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 cups kale de-stemmed + torn
- 2 cups broccoli florets about 1 small head
- 100g chickpea tempeh chopped/crumbled – optional
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- Tahini Ginger Sauce
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari
- ½ tsp ground ginger or 1 tsp fresh, grated ginger
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- Combine 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups water in a medium-sized pot.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for about 15 minutes or until all water has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil on medium-high heat. Add the red onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic, kale, broccoli and tempeh.
- Sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Once quinoa is finished cooking, scoop it into 2-3 bowls and top with the vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle with raw hemp seeds.
- Generously drizzle tahini sauce on top
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender or food processor till smooth (dressing will thicken in the fridge).