Tahini Kale Protein Bowl
|Prep/Cook||5 min / 15 min|
|Total time||20 min|
|Recipe type||Vegan, Gluten & Grain Free|
|Cuisine||Lunch or Side|
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tbsp coconut oil/extra virgin olive oil
- ½ a red onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 cups kale de-stemmed + torn
- 2 cups broccoli florets about 1 small head
- 100g chickpea tempeh chopped/crumbled – optional
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- Tahini Ginger Sauce
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari
- ½ tsp ground ginger or 1 tsp fresh, grated ginger
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- Combine 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups water in a medium-sized pot.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for about 15 minutes or until all water has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil on medium-high heat. Add the red onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic, kale, broccoli and tempeh.
- Sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Once quinoa is finished cooking, scoop it into 2-3 bowls and top with the vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle with raw hemp seeds.
- Generously drizzle tahini sauce on top
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender or food processor till smooth (dressing will thicken in the fridge).