Organic Hemp Seed Oil is loaded with essential nutrients that promote health and wellness within the body, try it today to find out what all the hype is about!
For such a tiny seed, this one packs a punch! Hemp Seeds have a perfectly natural blend of easily digested proteins, essential fats (Omega 3, 6 & 9), Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) and much much more!
|Prep/Cook||2 min / 25|
|Total time||27 min|
|Cuisine||Lunch or Dinner|
- 1 cup cooked red lentils, drained well
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 3 tbsp chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 -3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp oat flour
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast**
- 1 tsp oregano, or to taste
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt, or to taste
- Pinch black pepper, or to taste
- 1- 2 cup gluten free bread crumbs or Panko bread crumbs
- Combine all ingredients except bread crumbs in a food processor and pulse about 6 -8 times, until combined. Don’t over mix. Add the breadcrumbs to a shallow bowl. Use a tablespoon to scoop out the bean mixture and use your hand to mould into a ball. Then, coat the bean balls in the crumbs by gently pressing, rolling them into the crumbs.
- Pan Fry Method: Add about 1 ½ tbsp of coconut oil to a pan and heat over medium heat until a crumb tossed in the oil sizzles immediately on contact. Add the bean balls and cook, turning over every 30 seconds until golden and heated through.
- Baked: Pre-heat oven to 200C. Place meatballs on a lined baking tray and bake for about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Spritz lightly with cooking oil, if desired
Enjoy them on pasta, in a sandwich or salad or on their own.
Notes and Substitutions
**The nutritional yeast is for additional flavour, this can be left out.
Add a few pinches of red pepper flakes for a spicy meatball!