[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_single_image image=”2022″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_custom_heading text=”Vegan Meatballs” font_container=”tag:h2|font_size:46|text_align:left” use_theme_fonts=”yes”][vc_column_text]
|Prep/Cook||2 min / 25|
|Total time||27 min|
|Cuisine||Lunch or Dinner|
- 1 cup cooked red lentils, drained well
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 3 tbsp chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 -3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp oat flour
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast**
- 1 tsp oregano, or to taste
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt, or to taste
- Pinch black pepper, or to taste
- 1- 2 cup gluten free bread crumbs or Panko bread crumbs
- Combine all ingredients except bread crumbs in a food processor and pulse about 6 -8 times, until combined. Don’t over mix. Add the breadcrumbs to a shallow bowl. Use a tablespoon to scoop out the bean mixture and use your hand to mould into a ball. Then, coat the bean balls in the crumbs by gently pressing, rolling them into the crumbs.
- Pan Fry Method: Add about 1 ½ tbsp of coconut oil to a pan and heat over medium heat until a crumb tossed in the oil sizzles immediately on contact. Add the bean balls and cook, turning over every 30 seconds until golden and heated through.
- Baked: Pre-heat oven to 200C. Place meatballs on a lined baking tray and bake for about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Spritz lightly with cooking oil, if desired
Enjoy them on pasta, in a sandwich or salad or on their own.
Notes and Substitutions
**The nutritional yeast is for additional flavour, this can be left out.
Add a few pinches of red pepper flakes for a spicy meatball![/vc_column_text]